The West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University was founded in 1997 in Aktobe. MBBS fee at West Kazakhstan State Medical University is INR 17.30 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for the 2023 session. West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University offers online admissions after submitting the required documentation. According to the latest NMC guidelines, 50% marks are required for MBBS at WKSMU.
The West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University offers two academic sessions per year for MBBS (February and September). By submitting documents through us or by applying online, eligible students can apply.
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University: An Overview
The West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov state Medical University is a government-run institution. The university bears the name of a famous politician Marat Ospanov. There are many reasons why Indian students choose WKSMU over other universities, including its low tuition fees, low living costs, and large number of Indian students. As part of the academic exchange program, students will also be able to study and practice at universities in other countries, such as Russia, Europe and CIS.
The West Kazakhstan State Medical University contributes to research & scientific activities, and more than 500 Indian students are studying MBBS at West Kazakhstan State Medical University.
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University MBBS fees 2023
At West Kazakhstan State Medical University, the MBBS fees for Indian students are INR 17.30 lacs (Indian Rupees). WKSMU’s fee structure for Session 2023 is as follows:
|80 INR approx
|Total MBBS fees
Mess is mandatory during the first year at an additional cost of USD 130 per month.
Fees for consultancy services are EXTRA, and include flight tickets, visa fees, which must be paid in India.
MBBS fees can be paid online through bank directly to the university/representative’s account in Kazakhstan and a transaction receipt must be provided for confirmation. Online payment is accepted by some medical universities in Kazakhstan or students can carry the 1st year fees with themselves and pay directly to the university once they arrive. In Kazakhstan, students must carry US dollars in order to pay fees.
MBBS at West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University: Eligibility
West Kazakhstan State Medical University strictly follows the NMC’s guidelines for Indian students studying abroad for MBBS. For Indian students, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidate must pass a recognized board’s higher secondary examination or an equivalent competent test.
- 50%. A minimum of 50% and above marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) in 12th, intermediate, or equivalent.
- NEET Score: Candidates must have qualified for NEET in the current year or the previous two years. For instance, they must have qualified for NEET in 2023, 2022, or 2021 to apply.
- Age: At admission, the candidate must be 17 years old.
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University ‘s MBBS Admission
In order to apply for MBBS admission at West Kazakhstan State Medical University, Indian students need to follow the following steps :
- Candidate has to submit scan copies of 10th, 12th marksheet and NEET qualification (2023,2022,2021).
- West Kazakhstan State Medical University issues admission letters on the basis of documents submitted.
- The university will send an invitation letter only after a scan of the applicant’s valid passport is received.
- The West Kazakhstan State Medical University issues invitation letters for study visas and entry into Kazakhstan for candidates.
- The candidate must have the original marksheets, passport, and a few additional documents to obtain a visa from the embassy.
- We assist candidates in booking airline tickets and planning their departure in groups, allowing them to travel together.
- At Delhi Airport, our representative meets the students and briefs them about their trip to Kazakhstan.
- A representative from our organization meets and greets the students at Almaty’s airport.
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University’s Institutional Affiliation and Recognition
West Kazakhstan State Medical University has been recognized by NMC and WHO, and is listed on WDOMS:
According to the NMC’s current rules, students should pursue MBBS at medical universities listed on WDOMS for 4.5 years (54 months) with a 1-year internship/clinical rotation (12 months).
Indian students who take MBBS at West Kazakhstan State Medical University can appear in FMGE/NEXT in India. They can work in India as a registered medical practitioner (Either in the public or private sectors) after passing this test.
The Documents required for MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Medical University are:
- 10th & 12th Marksheet
- NEET Qualification(2023/2022/2021)
- Original Passport
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
A Course’s Duration
For Indian students, the MBBS program at West Kazakhstan State Medical University lasts 5 years plus 1 year (Internship in Kazakhstan). This program includes internships and rotations in clinics. This MBBS course duration complies with the latest NMC rules, which require Indian students to complete the course over 4.5 years (54 months) plus one year of internship (12 months).
Language of instruction
In West Kazakhstan State Medical University, all Indian students receive instruction in English. English is the language of instruction in all classes, tests, and exams for foreign students. The college library also contains all medical books written by Indian authors, as well as ones referred by teachers, doctors, and professors.
A list of all faculties at West Kazakhstan State Medical University that provide training to local and foreign students can be found below:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Public Health Care Faculty
- Preventive Medicine Faculty
- Post-Graduation Faculty
Hostels for Indian students are located on campus and in the surrounding areas of West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University . The following facilities are provided to students at hostels:
The hostels are located on the main campus of the university, just a short walk from classes.
- As the number of Indian students increases, new hostels are constructed by the university to accommodate them.
- CCTV surveillance & fire alarm safety systems are installed in all hostels to ensure students safety.
- Students have the option of sharing a room with two, three, or four (seated bedrooms) other students. The rooms are furnished with study tables & chairs, beds, bedsheets, wardrobes, lambs, etc.
- Indian students (boys/girls) are accommodated on separate floors and hostels.
- During the first year of their MBBS course at West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, Indian students have to stay in university hostels.
- A mess facility is available in all hostels of the West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, where breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be served.
- For students in their first year, India mess is compulsory and they can choose from a variety of options available.
With MBBS from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, Indian students have a wide range of career options in India and throughout the world:
- Kazakh National students receive MD (Physician) degrees, equivalent to MBBS in India.
- To work as a doctor, Indian students must pass FMGE/NEXT.
- The FMGE/NEXT exam is held twice a year in June and December.
- The exam must be passed with 50% marks in order for students to qualify.
- Students can reappear in this exam after every six months and there is no limit to the number of attempts.
- Once qualified, they must serve one year of internship in any government hospital in India.
- After completing an internship, students receive permanent registration in India as doctors.
- Doctors can then work in public or private hospitals or run their own clinics.
- Several hundred Indians from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University have passed FMGE/NEXT and are working in India today.
Aktobe, formerly Aktyubinsk, is the administrative center of Aktobe Region. The city is located in the west of Kazakhstan. Aktobe and Sazdy are two water reservoirs on the Ilek River. It is the fourth most populated city in Kazakhstan, with 79 percent Kazakhs and 14.8% Russians. Aktobe is a large industrial region in Kazakhstan. The public transportation system in Aktobe city is well developed. As for the climate, Aktobe Region has a humid continental climate with temperatures in summer (up to +30 degrees Celsius) and in winter (up to –10 degrees Celsius).