MBBS in Kazakhstan
MBBS study in Kazakhstan has become more popular among Indian students in the past few years. In Kazakhstan, all MBBS admissions are determined by the eligibility criteria set by the NMC/MCI. Kazakhstan universities offer medical courses in English medium, making it a convenient option for international students.
The Kazakhstani government and private medical universities offer high quality education that is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Medical Commission (NMC). Indian students must have at least 50% marks, NEET qualification & be 17 years old to qualify for admission to the universities in Kazakhstan. Students studying MBBS in Kazakhstan have the opportunity to receive a high-quality medical education at an affordable price.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Kazakhstan
A large number of students travel to Kazakhstan to study MBBS, because the cost of the education is affordable and the quality is excellent. A few of the benefits of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan are listed below :
– WHO (World Health Organisation) and NMC: Government-funded and privately funded medical universities are accredited by WHO (World Health Organization) and NMC (National Medical Commission).
- Eligibility : For students from India who want to study MBBS in Kazakhstan, 50% marks are required in PCB, NEET qualification, and they must be 17 years of age.
- Medical degree: The MD physician degree in Kazakhstan is equivalent to the MBBS degree in India.
- MBBS Courses at Affordable Fees: Universities in Kazakhstan are offering MBBS courses at affordable fees as compared to universities in India.
The course duration for MBBS in Kazakhstan is six years. The National Medical Commission (NMC) has established these rules.
- Medium of instruction: Indian students study in English throughout the course.
- Low cost of living: Students in Kazakhstan can easily manage their expenses due to the low cost of living.
- Modern infrastructure: Medical education in Kazakhstan is supported by a well-developed medical infrastructure. Medical universities provide students with the latest equipment and technology.
Admission in Kazakhstan
Students from India can either apply directly for MBBS courses in Kazakhstan or they can contact us. We will assist them in the admission process. We have listed below step-by-step instructions for Indian students to get into Kazakhstan’s MBBS program.
- The student must submit a scan of his or her mark sheets, NEET qualification, and passport.
- The university issues an admission letter confirming the student’s admission to the MBBS program in Kazakhstan.
- Original marksheets, passport-size photos, and medical reports must be submitted by students.
- A letter of invitation will be issued by the university to the student so that they can obtain a study visa from the embassy.
- At the Kazakhstan Embassy, we submit all the required documents along with the invitation letter, and we collect the passport and visa.
- Travel tickets are arranged for the students, and departure dates are communicated well in advance.
- We arrange group departures from New Delhi to Kazakhstan for students
- At the Kazakhstan airport, our representative meets and assists the students.
MBBS Syllabus In Kazakhstan
All medical universities in Kazakhstan offer the same MBBS program for Indian students. Following is a list of the theoretical and clinical subjects taught each year:
1st & 2nd Year: MBBS students studying in Kazakhstan are taught primarily theoretical subjects during the first two years. During the first two years of the program, students learn about Anatomy, Physiology, Histology, Microbiology, and Biochemistry.
3rd Year : Along with theoretical subjects, students will attend clinical classes regularly in the hospital. The third year covers Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Pathological-Anatomy.
In the 4th and 5th years, students usually attend clinical classes at the hospital. There are many subjects covered in these years, including Surgery, Preventive & Social Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, ENT, Gynaecology, Psychiatry, Urology, Oncology, Dermatology, Neurology, and Infectious Diseases.
During the 6th year, students must complete an internship at the university’s hospital.
Course Phases & Grading in Kazakhstan
The MBBS course is conducted in Kazakhstan in a phased manner in order to ensure students do not become overwhelmed. In the first few years, theoretical knowledge is the focus, but by the third year, the focus shifts to clinical knowledge.
- Kazakhstan’s MBBS classes usually have 15-20 students, which makes for a good student-teacher ratio.
- Grading is based on numbers ranging from 2-5, where 2 means excellent fail and 5 means excellent. To pass an exam, students must score a minimum of 3.
MBBS Eligibility in Kazakhstan
Eligibility criteria for studying MBBS in Kazakhstan follow the rules set by NMC for Indian students studying abroad. Kazakhstan’s eligibility criteria for admission are listed below :
- 50%. A minimum of 50% and above marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) in 12th, intermediate, or equivalent.
- NEET Score: Candidates must have qualified for NEET in the current year or the previous two years. For instance, they must have qualified for NEET in 2023, 2022, or 2021 to apply.
- Age: At admission, the candidate must be 17 years old.
Language of instruction
For all Indian students in medical universities in Kazakhstan, English is used as the language of instruction. For foreign students, all classes, tests, and exams are conducted in English. All medical books written by Indian authors are also available in the college library and referred by teachers/doctors/professors in the class.
- At the beginning of the course, students are introduced to Kazakh language as a subject.
- As part of their daily activities, students must be able to communicate in Kazakh with others.
Hostel Facilities in Kazakhstan
International students at Kazakhstan’s medical universities have more or less the same hostel facilities.
- All Indian students are accommodated in university hostels throughout their course in Kazakhstan.
- Students are required to live in the university’s hostel for at least one year since they lack Kazakh knowledge to communicate with the locals.
- If they wish to leave the university hostel after 1 year, they can still rent a flat/apartment or stay in the university hostel.
- Indian boys and girls are accommodated in separate university hostels or in a separate wing within the same hostel.
- In order to ensure the safety of international students, universities and private hostels are equipped with CCTV cameras and fire alarms.
- Students prepare their own meals in the common kitchens on each hostel floor.
- All rooms are furnished with bedding and furniture (Study table, chair, lamp, bed, wardrobe).
- Depending on availability, Indian students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms.
- All hostels in Kazakhstan have Indian mess facilities. In the first year, it is mandatory. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included in the monthly fee of $130.
- From 2nd year onwards, students can choose food from the Indian mess or prepare their own food in the hostel kitchen.
Career after MBBS from Kazakhstan
Indian students who complete their MBBS in Kazakhstan have the same career options as students who have completed their MBBS in any private or government college in India.
- Students have option to appear in NEXT(National Exit Test) /FMGE(Foreign Medical Graduates Exam) in India, if they want to practice as a registered doctor.
- After completing the MBBS course, Indian students can become registered doctors in Kazakhstan and several other countries in the region. Students must be proficient in the Kazakh language.
- MBBS graduates can pursue postgraduate programs in Kazakhstan. These PG programs are taught only in Kazakh. Students who have completed MBBS program in Kazakhstan can enrol in PG courses.
MBBS in Kazakhstan – Is it worth considering?
Kazakhstan has become a new destination for Indian students seeking MBBS degrees. Kazakhstan is one of the countries where students who are not financially strong can complete MBBS courses and become doctors.
The cost of the MBBS course in Kazakhstan is low and affordable for Indian students.
Kazakhstan’s medical colleges are all recognized by the WHO and NMC. There are various student exchange programs available, students can choose from other universities in Kazakhstan or from neighbouring countries. MD degrees are awarded to students who complete their education in these MBBS colleges. The degree holds the same importance as the Indian MBBS degree.
Kazakhstan’s national language, Kazakh, is taught to Indian students from the beginning of the course.
Kazakhstan, also known as the Republic of Kazakhstan, is a nation in Central Asia. There are several countries along its borders, including Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.
Kazakhstan’s capital city is Nur-Sultan, formerly known as Astana. Almaty was Kazakhstan’s capital until 1997. In terms of size, it ranks 9th in the world.
A low and affordable MBBS course is offered by medical universities in Kazakhstan. Before entering the professional world, students receive more clinical practice from universities to ensure they have good practical experience. Kazakhstan’s universities offer world-class clinical training. In addition to modern medical equipment, universities are affiliated with a large number of hospitals. In medical universities, faculty and staff are highly experienced.